Due to the explosive evolution of Information Technology and Computer Science, we have entered in the Big Data Age, and this is really a scientific revolution, not just a fashion. As always, the technological aspects evolve faster than the scientific community mentality. Transforming Big Data into Big Knowledge and developing a new kind of Knowledge-Based Systems require new visions and approaches. Companies, facing the Big Data challenges, are moving faster in the right direction than the scientific community, being under a stronger competitive pressure. They were forced to renounce to wishful thinking, like the idea that a few variables, embedded in a few rules, discovered using the old fashion statistics, will give intelligent support for business decisions. We have to do the same for developing various applications.
Moreover, motivated by the big data analytics needs, new computing and storage technologies are developing rapidly and pushing for new high-end hardware geared toward big data problems. While the high-performance computing technologies have the potential to greatly improve the effectiveness of big data analytics, the cost and sophistications of those technology and limited initial application support often make them inaccessible to the end users and not fully utilized in academia years later. Meanwhile, comprehensive analytic software environment and platforms, such as R and Python, have become increasingly popular open-source platforms for data analysis.
Also, Computational Intelligence (CI) methodologies, tailored to Big Data, and combined with a proper vision of living systems, e.g., as complex dynamical systems or networks of interacting entities, could pave the way to Knowledge-Based System.
Welcome to the EAI Community
Let the EAI Community help you build your career with collaborative research, objective evaluation, and fair recognition:
- Get more visibility for your paper and receive a fair review with Community Review,
- Earn credits regardless of your paper’s acceptance and increase your EAI Index for new membership ranks and global recognition,
- Find out if your research resonates – get real-time evaluation of your presentation on-site via EAI Compass.
We welcome contributions from the following fields:
- Data Visualization and Visual Analytics
- Natural Language Processing in Big Texts
- Biomedical imaging pre‐processing and Analysis
- Hardware and Software solutions for Big Data Searching, Storing and Management
- Structured and Unstructured Data/Text/Web Mining
- Deep Learning architecture, representations, unsupervised and supervised algorithms
- Scalable computational intelligence tools
- Novel Computational Intelligence approaches for data analysis
- Evolutionary and Bio‐inspired approaches for Big Data analysis
- New domains and novel applications related to Big Data technologies
- Education Data Mining and Visualization
- Educational Big Data and Learning Analysis
- Artificial Intelligence in Education
- Big Data and Intelligent Learning Environment
- Deep Learning Application in Education
All accepted and presented papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
BDTA proceedings are indexed in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Authors of selected best accepted and presented papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
Additional publication opportunities:
Community Review is a service offered to Program Committees and submitting Authors of all EAI conferences designed to improve the speed and the quality of the review process.
Abstracts of all authors who opt in to Community Review during submission will be published and available for Bidding here.
Important dates – updates!
Full Paper Submission deadline
26 October 2020
9 November 2020
16 November 2020
Start of Conference
11 December 2020
End of Conference
11 December 2020
Video Submission (Main Track and Late Track)
20 November 2020